Followers

Monday, August 26, 2013

Gamification Background



Gamification and education. I have been spending a lot of time studying the effects of gamification in a business setting this summer. Seems like many companies are jumping on the bandwagon by offering points to accumulate or coupons to collect. I have to admit that when we stop at Culver's on our way "up north," we collect the coupons off of the kids meals. For every ten meals you purchase, you get one free! Great incentive, especially when you have four kids. 

As an educator, I am a proponent of guided reading and guided math groups. Ten to fifteen minutes with small group instruction helps me zero in on individual student needs. Well, here goes my venture for the 2013-14 school year..."Gamification of my Guided Math Groups!

No comments:

Post a Comment